ndarray subclasses

Juan Nunez-Iglesias jni.soma at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 04:04:45 EDT 2013

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Josh Warner <silvertrumpet999 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I believe the most recent SLIC improvements also added a `sampling`
> parameter.

I called it "spacing"... We should probably agree on a terminology
library-wide. Incidentally, Josh, I called it "spacing" because of your
SciPy talk. ;)

For what it's worth, I still favour keeping all of these attributes
separate and using vanilla numpy arrays, at the very least for images. For
example, with the "spacing" parameter, I think it's much, much better for
documentation and code readability to have it be an explicit input to the
function, rather than an implied input via a field in an "Image" class.