CIELUV Transformations

Isaac Gerg isaac.gerg at gergltd.com
Wed Oct 16 17:29:40 EDT 2013

I don't want to propagate false information and must correct myself from my
initial post on this thread.

According to "Principles of Color Technology" by Roy S. Berns, it is a myth
that" CIELAB was recommended for large color differences and tha tCIELUV
was recommended for small color differences."  It is also a myth that
"CIELAB is recommended for reflecting samples while CIELUV is recommended
for sources and displays."  The second myth is what I originally stated as
fact but is incorrect.

In my literature review, several sources state these two myths are truths
but provide no citations

Isaac