scikit-image paper

Johannes Schönberger jsch at demuc.de
Mon Nov 18 05:54:13 EST 2013

> Currently my two top candidates then are JMLR MLOSS and PLOS ONE.

+1

> Let's get started on some content!

+1, but I must mention that I might be short of time over the coming weeks as I am about to move to another continent, so unfortunately I have a ton of other things to do :-)

> I think we would do well to emphasize the following in the paper:
>
> - Pythonic API
> - Building block for reproducible research, use in academic world (we
> need a list of publications of work that used skimage)
> - Educational aspects (skimage.novice)
> - Google Summer of Code contributions
> - Use in industry (do we have examples here?)
> - ... other ideas?

 - Extensive documentation (although the docs need some more „love“ for 0.10)
 - Easy to use API for prototyping and testing algorithms (probably covered by "Pythonic API“)

I have mainly used skimage for prototyping, but did not directly mention it in a publication.

Johannes