Cython guidelines

Josh Warner silvertrumpet999 at gmail.com
Wed May 29 19:26:34 EDT 2013

+1 for both of these. Should we add them to `CONTRIBUTING.txt`?

One gotcha I ran into with memoryviews that might be relevant to others:
I got over-exuberant and memoryviewed everything, including the output
array, which created problems. Unless I missed something, to return NumPy
arrays we still need the `cnp.ndarray(...)` syntax for output(s).