LPI filter framework redesign

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Wed Oct 24 02:28:48 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I just revisited the LPI filter framework for the first time in many
years, and...err...it's pretty bad :)  I wrote this originally to
simulate the effect of a specific point-spread-function on an
image--and for that purpose it works OK.  But for restoring images
based on a kernel, the interface doesn't work.

I'd like to redesign this functionality, and would like to have your
input.  Does anyone here have much experience in this type of
filtering and deblurring images?  My bigger aim is to implement fairly
robust blind deconvolution.

Stéfan