io.imsave() problems with passing arguments to plugin "freeimage"

Sigmund siggin at gmail.com
Sat May 12 04:04:39 EDT 2012

Hallo!
To read uncompressed TIFF files I use the freeimage plugin. The reading
works great but since last week I need to save a summed Image. I used the
io.imsave() with the freeimage plugin but by default it writs a compressed
TIFF file. The freeimage documentation provides Flags to use for different
compressions or for a non compressed type (TIFF_NONE). Can someone tell me
how to pass theses Flags to the plugin?
I saw that Christophs 'tifffile' plugin does the job but still I would like
to know how to use the freeimage plug-n for it.

Thanks!

Siggi