Release 0.6

Tony Yu tsyu80 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 23:21:55 EDT 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 9:25 PM, Tony Yu <tsyu80 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za>wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> It's time for another release of scikits-image!  I would very much
>> appreciate your help in reviewing the following outstanding
>> pull-requests:
>>

>> - Tony Yu's neat visualization tools, previously packaged as skloupe:
>>
>> https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/pull/165
>>
>> - Fast image warping:
>>
>> https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/pull/184
>>
>> - RegionProps (still awaiting tests, but review the rest so long)
>>
>> https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/pull/183
>>

>> This release is due in about 10 days.  I'm also happy to report that
>> our Debian package has been submitted for approval; thanks go to
>> Yaroslav Halchenko!
>>
>> Stéfan
>>

> I went ahead and merged the fast image-warping PR. I've read through the
> code a couple of times already, and I think it looks pretty good. (Sorry if
> anyone else was planning to review it before merging.)
>
> -Tony

I just uploaded a draft of a user-guide entry for the
viewer<https://github.com/tonysyu/scikits-image/blob/mpl-viewer/doc/source/user_guide/viewer.txt>.
This is probably the best entry point for understanding the design of the
viewer and its use.

Also, I want apologize for the size of the PR: When I went to add the
user-guide entry, I was shocked at the number of files added in the commit.
As I mentioned in previous emails, the main parts are the viewer base
classes<https://github.com/tonysyu/scikits-image/blob/mpl-viewer/skimage/viewer/viewers/core.py>
and
the plugin base
class<https://github.com/tonysyu/scikits-image/blob/mpl-viewer/skimage/viewer/plugins/base.py>.
The rest are more-or-less example uses of these classes.

Best,
-Tony