ANN: scikits-image v0.5

Tony Yu tsyu80 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 10:47:02 EST 2012

2012/3/2 Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za>

> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 6:54 AM, Michael Aye <kmichael.aye at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Can it be that you accidentally GIT-ted version.py, a file that
> presumably
> > is being created automatically? Or is there a reason for GITting it?
>
> The file should be checked in, and has the following contents:
>

> https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/blob/master/skimage/version.py
>
> Note the "unbuilt-dev" designation.
>
> Stéfan

I'm also a bit curious about why `version.py` needs to be tracked. I
imagine it's used somewhere to tell the user why something doesn't work,
but maybe that could be accomplished some other way?

The file is a bit annoying when adding changes and even more so when
switching branches. (The make file behavior, I think, makes it a bit harder
to switch branches since `git stash` won't restore `version.py`)

-Tony