io.plugins freeimage installation issue?

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus at yale.edu
Thu Jan 26 15:00:26 EST 2012

On Jan 26, 2012, at 2:45 PM, Christoph Gohlke wrote:

> On 1/26/2012 11:18 AM, Sigmund wrote:
>> I first uninstalled the old version and than installed the new one.
>> Still the same problem.
>
> The 64 bit FreeImage.dll depends on the VC90 OpenMP runtime. I'm not sure Python installs the full VC90 redistributable package or just the CRT. The full installer, including OpenMP, can be obtained at <http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=2092>.
>
> Christoph

Oh ugh, what a pain!

I will try to beef up the error-handling in freeimage_plugin so that it doesn't just say "no file found", but prints proper diagnostics for when it finds but cannot load a library.

Sorry you're in the role of windows-bugfinder, Siggi! I don't have personal access to all the permutations of windows, so my testing on this has been obviously a bit spotty.

Zach