Skeletonization

Tony Yu tsyu80 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 13:41:30 EDT 2011

2011/10/13 Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za>

> Hi Neil,
>
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 6:45 AM, Neil Yager <yager.neil at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm thinking about doing a thresholding algorithm next, followed by
> > perhaps gabor filters or gray-level co-occurance matrices (if no one
> > is already working on these).
>
> I've got some old grey-level c.o.m. code here, if you want to have a look:
>
> http://mentat.za.net/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/greycomatrix/
>
> Adaptive / auto-thresholding should be fun!

Also, cellprofiler has some thresholding code available:

https://svn.broadinstitute.org/CellProfiler/trunk/CellProfiler/cellprofiler/cpmath/threshold.py

The "contributions" page on the skimage website only mentions converting the
morphology and filter modules from cellprofiler, but I thinking everything
in the cpmath module is BSD licensed. I played around with the thresholding
code a bit: it was a bit slow and the interface was a little confusing, but
it may serve as a good starting point.

Best,
-Tony