Need an advice

Tony Yu tsyu80 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 02:43:19 EST 2011

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 8:24 PM, Tony Yu <tsyu80 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Nadav Horesh <nadavh.horesh at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> How can I get it?
>>
>>   Nadav
>>

> The code Stefan mentioned is in an old pull request (PR #16<https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/pull/16>).
> That PR is from before the switch from scikits.image to skimage. I've made
> a new branch<https://github.com/tonysyu/scikits-image/commits/skimage-convolution>in my git repo with the convolution code in the new namespace.
>
> If you're already running skimage from git, then you can use git to clone
> this branch:
>
> git remote -f add tonysyu git at github.com:tonysyu/scikits-image.git
> git checkout -b convolution tonysyu/skimage-convolution
>

> In case this isn't familiar: The first line adds my git repo to your list
> of remotes, and the "-f" flag fetches the tags from my repo (this ensures
> that you have the info about my branches). My repo is now added to your
> repo as a remote with the name "tonysyu" (you can change this). The second
> line creates a new branch "convolution", clones my "skimage-convolution"
> branch into it, and checks it out.
>
> Hope that helps,
> -Tony

Oops, I forgot to mention: I added a compile flag that is specific to my
system (In convolution/setup.py there's an include flag '-I/usr/...') that
should probably be removed. Also, I should mention that I haven't gotten
this branch to compile on my system (OSX). I believe it should compile OK
on Linux (after removing the '-I/usr/...' compile flag).

Good luck,
-Tony