skeletonize question

Thouis (Ray) Jones thouis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 05:23:01 EST 2011

2011/12/13 Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za>:
> I am glad you showed me this example, because it also pointed out a
> problem with paletted image reading in PIL.  I'm seriously considering
> just making matplotlib our default backend (except that they also have
> a PNG reading bug in older versions where images are flipped upside
> down!).

Having fought this fight far too many times, I'm beginning to think
there's a need for a simple, small, and fast python module wrapping
libtiff, libpng, and libjpeg and talking to numpy.  This would handle
90% or more of everyone's needs and would hopefully be simpler to
install and use than PIL (and would have a faster development cycle).

Ray Jones