contributing C/Cython code to the scikit

Chris Colbert sccolbert at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 18:52:38 EDT 2010

So, we definitely are not wanting to re-invent the wheel, unless there is a
clear reason why our wheel is better the previous one.

In short, most of the scikit is focused on the manipulation of 2D images,
whereas scipy.ndimage works on ndimages. So if you can code an equivalent
algorithm, that is leaps and bounds faster or more efficient than one in
scipy.ndimage, I would be all ears.

But I definitely don't want to get mired down in replicated code that
doesn't serve a useful purpose beyond what is already in numpy/scipy.

These comments should not in any way be construed as me passing judgement on
your code (I havent really had a chance to go through it yet). I just wanted
to make sure we are all on the same page.

Will try to go through this new code this weekend.

Cheers!

Chris