Color spaces

Chris Ball ceball at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 08:00:27 EDT 2010

Hi,

Some time ago, there was a thread about what color spaces to include
in scikits.image:
http://groups.google.com/group/scikits-image/browse_thread/thread/4b4e69fd0dbce9cc

I wonder if you would be interested in seeing more color space
conversions being added to the colorconv.py module, or if you are
deliberately keeping it simple? For instance, I would like to add
conversions to and from CIE LAB, and to allow alternative white
points.

I'm also interested in seeing conversions to and from human cone LMS
spaces available somewhere for SciPy users. I'm not sure whether or
not this kind of thing would be appropriate for scikits.image.

I thought I should first post a short message about this before
starting anything. I'm aware that the SciPy image sandbox used to
contain more conversions, probably in a slightly confusing way
(e.g.http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/browser/trunk/Lib/sandbox/image/
color.py?rev=1698). Anyway, please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Chris