OpenCV 2 or 1

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Wed Nov 4 02:21:23 EST 2009

Hi Holger

2009/11/4 SirVer <sirver at gmx.de>:
> The Problem is that the function cvCalibrateCamera2 now allocates an
> distortion array of size 1x5 while before it allocated a distortion
> array of 1x4. I guess that opencv2 uses 1x5 while opencv1 (the one i
> currently use) uses 1x4.

Should should make it a priority to figure out which version of OpenCV
is available before releasing 0.3.  Do you have any ideas?   I was
hoping they'd have a function such as version(), but I think I'm out
of luck.

> Another point: generated c files in the repository are constantly
> comming up as changed or merge conflicts for me. What is the reason to
> keep .c files in the repository; i think it is fair to assume that
> python developers who have a c compiler installed will also have
> cython installed to generate the .c files.

This has been a constant source of annoyance, so I wonder whether we
shouldn't just stop tracking the C files.  We could always still
include C files in the source distribution.

Regards
Stéfan