[pyvideo-data] Video Features

lozinski at blogory.org lozinski at blogory.org
Tue May 3 00:49:27 EDT 2016

Thank you for engaging in this discussion. It helps me think more
clearly about the issues.
There are a couple of different things that these videos need.

A two paragraph introduction.  One paragraph describes what is in the
video.
The other paragraph describes the quality of the speaker, the graphics,
and the organization.
Maybe describes the target audience.

A hierarchical index position.

Quality ratings.  Youtube does up and down ratings.  That makes sense in
the general case.
For technical presentations it would be nice to have two ratings, one on
content, one on quality.

Search.  So that nothing related to snakes or Monty Python is returned.
Google search can give you
all the videos.  This should just give you the "best" videos on any
topic.

Playlists.  A list of recommendations for others.

Queues.  Videos to watch.

Do you agree with that list?  Am I missing anything?  Maybe you would
prefer keywords to hierarchy.

And once you have what needs to be done, it is possilbe to prioritize
the list.

I am doing a talk on Blogory today.
http://blogory.org/about/presentation.pdf/index#page=21

Although I may add a few more slides which would make the recommended
start page move down a few pages.

Regards
Chris