[PyVault-users] install problem in CentOS 4.2

Jeff Pitman jeff.pitman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 10:52:45 CET 2005

On 11/12/05, Jun Zhang <zsbrt at yahoo.com> wrote:

> After I removed these four packages, the YUM update is successful. Now, I
> can
> run Python 2.4 by 'python2.4' and Python 2.3 by 'python2.3'. There is no
> 'python' command directly.

The packages rely on the "alternatives" package that I took from ALT Linux.
It uses a set of rpm macros in the %post to install, but, apparently it
relies on a particular macrofiles tag found in /usr/lib/rpm/rpmrc or
/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/rpmrc. If it's not there, then the link setup fails.

To workaround manually, type this command as root:

# alternatives-config /usr/bin/python

Then select which python you'd like to be the default.

thanks,
--
-jeff