[Pythonmac-SIG] Upgrade to pip 9.0.3 (due to TLS deprecation)

Ned Deily nad at python.org
Fri Apr 6 15:11:02 EDT 2018

On Apr 6, 2018, at 14:02, Sumana Harihareswara <sh at changeset.nyc> wrote:
> I am not a Mac user and am fairly new to the Python packaging/distribution world, so this may be naive and unrealistic verging on ridiculous, but: is there anything we could ask Apple to do to help with this situation?

For the most part, the current problematic software is not shipped by Apple, other than the deprecated OpenSSL libraries, so I don't think there is realistically anything they could do to help.

Here is my understanding of the situation regarding Pythons provided by python.org installers:

https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/3293#issuecomment-378468534

--
  Ned Deily
  nad at python.org -- []