[Pythonmac-SIG] apple-Python and TLS 1.0

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Tue Jan 10 11:05:38 EST 2017

I have completely ignored this whole TLS 1.0 versus TLS 1.2 security debate until know, but just now the following post came in on python-announce, which seems to suggest that TLS 1.0 is really about to be phased out: https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-announce-list/2017-January/011437.html

I think Python 2.7 older that 2.7.13 (i.e. including the apple-shipped Pythons) don’t support TLS 1.2 by default, which would seem to suggest that things like pip will stop working as of this summer.

Or am I overreacting?