[Pythonmac-SIG] Delete load command (install name) from dylib?

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sat Jul 2 01:58:13 EDT 2016

I don't think this is possible with macholib, py2app is the primary use case for developing macholib and doesn't need this functionality.

Why do you want to do this? I'd expect there to be a real dependency on the library (by using a symbol from it) and removing the load command would just cause a crash. It might be possible to change the load command to a weak linking one, although I don't know if that would require changes to the loaded symbols as well. Anyway, afaik macholib doesn't support that either (yet).

Ronald

--
On the road, hence brief.

Op 1 jul. 2016 om 18:37 heeft Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven: