[Pythonmac-SIG] [Pyobjc-dev] Moving PyObjC and py2app forward

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Mon Feb 2 08:20:40 CET 2015

> On 29 Jan 2015, at 21:22, Sean Robinson <sean.robinson at scottsdalecc.edu> wrote:
>
> On 01/29/15 11:20, Ronald Oussoren wrote:
>>> On 10 Dec 2014, at 23:11, Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> wrote:
>>> I’m not sure how to make serious progress with my current load (both work and privately).  Does anyone have experience with crowd-funding for open-source work?
>>
>> I guess not. I’m still interested in idea’s on how to improve development/support for PyObjC.
>>

> Have you considered applying to the Python Software Foundation for a grant?

Not really, the work that needs to be done is IMHO only partially related to the PSF mission.  Apart from that I think I’d should try to raise some funding from the community before talking to the PSF, at the very least that would show that it wouldn’t be a complete waste of funds.

Before I can do any of that I’d have to get a clearer picture of what I’d like to do, and (more importantly) how to accomplish that.

Ronald