[Pythonmac-SIG] Installing python 2.7.9rc1 caused my frozen apps problems

Paul Wiseman poalman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 14:29:45 CET 2014

I have a frozen app installed (built on a different machine using python
2.7.8 32/ppc)

I Installed python 2.7.9rc1 (32/pcc python.org installer) and I started
seeing errors from the built app on startup

the error occurred from import hashlib

  File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/hashlib.py",
line 138, in <module>
    _hashlib.openssl_md_meth_names)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'openssl_md_meth_names'

Installing 2.7.8 again on this machine, and the frozen app started working
again with no other changes.

Is this a problem with my setup or an issue with the freezing process?

Paul