[Pythonmac-SIG] IDLE won't start from app

Christian Calderon calderon.christian760 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 08:53:32 CET 2012

I was trying to use IDLE today, and it tried to open and then suddenly
closed. I tried a few times to make sure it wasn't a fluke, but it
didn't start. It worked perfectly before today. So I deleted a whole
bunch of python2.7 files, and reinstalled python from the binary.
Still doesn't work. Earlier today I installed tcl8.4.19, which i
compiled with '-arch ppc64'. So i tried installing the Activestate
universal version over it, and I assumed that would fix things, but it
didn't help! I can still start IDLE from the terminal, using the
command 'idle', or using 'python -m idlelib.idle'. Does anyone have
any ideas as to what's going wrong? Did I break something with the
ppc64 tcl install?