[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app: works for me on 10.6, not 10.7

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 31 20:56:25 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Michael McCracken
<michael.mccracken at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, my py2app setup script is working fine if I run it on 10.6, but on
> 10.7 I've run into some problems.
>
> I want a standalone app, and on 10.6 I didn't specify semi_standalone:
> False in the options, and it worked fine.
> On 10.7, it appeared to be using the system python (loading old system
> versions of some dependencies),

I'm not totally sure, but 10.7 probably has a version of python out of
the box that 10.6 doesn't. But anyway, if you want it standalone, you
need to make sure that you DONT'T use Apple's Python:

Did you install the same python.org versions on 10.7 as you did on 10.6?

Are you sure you're running py2app (i.e. setup.py py2app) with that Python?

If so, py2app should keep it all clear for you.

(note: if any extensions need to be compiled, you need to make sure
you use an older XCode, also, but if your app is running fine with the
right pyton outside py2app, then you should be set.)

HTH,
 -Chris

 and on a quick look through the py2app