[Pythonmac-SIG] Getting an Error When Running App built with Py2app

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Jun 13 19:07:24 CEST 2011

Mike wrote:
> I also just tried installing python2.6.6 from python.org, but when I run
> python2.6, it still claims i'm running python 2.6.1. Any idea how to fix
> this?

The installer _should_ have updated your PATH so that the newly
installed version would run when you typed "python", but depending on
how your shell is set up, it may not.

try "which python" to see which one is being used. For instance, I get:

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python

That is the python.org binary. If you get something in /System/..., or
in /usr/bin/ then you are getting Apple's python.

(you can also try "which python2.6")

Check out $PATH to see what is going on.

You may need to mess with your .bash_profile to get $PATH right.

(you did re-start the shell, didn't you?)

Mike wrote:
> Tried installing Python 2.7 32 bit and WXPython. I now get import error:
> no module named appkit

I think you need to install PyObjC for the python.org python to get
appkit (though I'm no expert there).

Do you really need both appkit and wxPython? You may well, I'm sure I'm
showing my ignorance here.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov