[Pythonmac-SIG] Pythonmac-SIG Digest, Vol 99, Issue 12

Josh Powell lists at joshpowell.net
Mon Jul 25 07:42:50 CEST 2011

On Jul 21, 2011, at 6:27 P, pythonmac-sig-request at python.org wrote:

> From: "Brendan Simon (eTRIX)" <brendan.simon at etrix.com.au>

-snip-

> I note that Lion EULA now permits use of up to 4 instances of the OS
> running in Virutal Machines, so you be able to use OS X (10.6 or
> 10.5 or 10.4) in a VM (VirtualBox, Parallels, VMWare, etc) to do
> your PowerPC builds ??  Maybe over kill, but it's also not a bad way
> to do some testing on the target OS :)

 From what I've seen the EULA allows only 2 VM instances, and it only
seems to apply to Lion, not 10.4, 5, 6, 3, 2, or 1. I believe older
versions' EULAs still apply to those versions, and it's my
understanding that VMs are not allowed for older versions, except
using server versions of OS X.

I'm not an attorney, and I'm intending this as a caution and not legal
advice.  I would recommend carefully reading the relevant EULAs and/or
consulting an attorney before running any version of OS X in a VM.

Cheers,
Josh