[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app application fails with ImportError: No module named sysconfig

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Thu Jul 21 09:38:46 CEST 2011

On 21 Jul, 2011, at 0:31, Russell E. Owen wrote:

> I used py2app to build an application that i've been building for years,
> only now it's failing at startup with the appended log.
>
> The problem is triggered by numpy 1.6.1fc3 (which I installed from
> source). If I build using an older numpy I don't see the problem.

Where can I download this version? The numpy download page (<http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/> doesn't mention 1.6.1fc3. There is 1.6.1rc3 though (and a final release for 1.6.1).

The issue might be caused by a mismatch between the module search strategy used by the import statement and the emulation by modulegraph, I'll have to build a unittest to be sure though.

Does the generated app have a copy of distutils/sysconfig.py (or .pyc) in the embedded zipfile?

Ronald