[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app and module finding

Prashant Saxena animator333 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 12:22:22 CET 2011

Hi,

It's related to my previous post regarding .app bundle size produce by py2app.
When I looked inside the .app bundle,
It gives me some confusion:

1. I have a custom package name "core". There is directory structure inside
filled with scripts. Some of the scripts are compiled
using cython. This give you three version of single script (.py, .pyc and .so).
py2app is copying .so to .lib folder inside bundle as
well as it's also copying .py and .pyc inside "site-package/core". Why it's like
that?

2. Not only python scripts but every thing under the folder is going inside the
.app. It seems py2app is globing all the files  instead of required
modules/scripts.

I am using a very simple setup.py. It's almost the same as
examples/wxpython/2.5/superdoodle

Prashant