[Pythonmac-SIG] Help: py2applet can not find py2app.scripts.script_py2applet

Ron Johnson rjohnson3273 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 00:21:35 CEST 2010

Me and my companions have tried to learn how to package programs through
internet tutorials but all of the tutorials seem to require prior knowledge of
how to package (or we are simple too dumb).  We have gleaned how to manually
make a setup.py and that commands should be given through the terminal.  We were
not sure where the manually created setup.py is suppose to go so we tried
running the py2applet.py and it gave us the error  py2applet can not find
py2app.scripts.script_py2applet, which is the module it wants to import.  We
thought that the problem may be because the py2app package should go in your
python installation but we were unable to do so.  Do we need to be
administrators for the files to go to the right places?  How do we give modules
to py2applet?

Ron Johnson