[Pythonmac-SIG] how to add custom dylib for module?

chris.ord chris.ord at omnilab.com.au
Mon Oct 25 07:17:46 CEST 2010

I am trying to enable python-drmaa control of my gridengine cluster but
I am coming up against problems caused by my ignorance.

I have an nfs share where the full suite of application & software
lives. e.g
nfs_share/grid/darwin/lib/drmaa.dyld
&
nfs_share/grid/darwin/bin/sub.app

I have a working path in that I can run sub.app and it works.

The python-drmaa module claims it has installed ok.
It hasn't as it can't find the drmaa.dyld
I have attempted to set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH & DRMAA_LIBRARY_PATH however
these do not seem to hold very well in Mac x

My question is how do I add a custom path for any dyld that a python
module requires?

I'm an Admin not a programmer so I have a 'hazy' notion at best of how a
module relates to the underlying C or dyld objects. I have successfully
dealt with the linux version of this problem but the python on mac
situation seems to be more fragmented.

Either specific help or (probably better) a pointer to some documents
about how this element of python works as I would love to roll my own
deployments from a central point and my lack of knowledge in this area
is holding me up.

Versions
Mac 10.6 & 10.5, python 2.6

TIA