[Pythonmac-SIG] Recommended Tcl/Tk with Py-2.6.x? (was: Test failure...)

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Mar 3 19:18:54 CET 2010

Tom Loredo wrote:
> In the past I've also used wxpython for matplotlib, but the wxpython
> situation with Snow Leopard seems even more confusing than the tkinter
> situation!

How so? Difficult, maybe, but it shouldn't be confusing:

wxPython is 32 bit, you need to use it with 32 bit Python.

It's 32 bit because it is built on top of Carbon, which is 32 bit. There
is a Cocoa version in the works, which I think will be released soon,
and it should be full on 64 bit, but I don't know when it will be
complete/robust enough for general use.

I'm quite happy with wx for MPL and all sorts of other stuff, though I"m
not on Snow Leopard yet, either.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov