[Pythonmac-SIG] Test failure (crash?) with Py-2.6.5rc1 on OS 10.6.2

Tom Loredo loredo at astro.cornell.edu
Tue Mar 2 21:33:44 CET 2010

Hi Ned-

> Did you try running it after a make install and while not running as
> root?  Trying to run processes that require a window manager connection
> is picky.  I think you'll find that Tkinter and IDLE actually run OK
> once installed.

I'm not sure what you mean by "running as root" (which I've never
done on OS X).  My account is also the admin account, but I'm
not using admin permissions for anything.  I am not running "sudo"
for anything.  My /usr/local has been chown'ed to me (the preferred
way to maintain /usr/local for homebrew) so sudo is not needed
for the /usr/local installs, and it is also not needed for installing
the public framework.  I'm installing it exactly the way that works
successfully for 2.6.4 and 2.7a3.

I just did a "make install" and reran "make test" with the same
results as previously:

test_tcl
2010-03-02 15:27:08.016 python.exe[40951:60b] The application with bundle ID (null) is running setugid(), which is not
allowed.
make: [test] Error 1 (ignored)
DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH=/Volumes/Tracking/Temp-work/Sandbox-installs/Python-2.6.5rc1: ./python.exe -E -tt
./Lib/test/regrtest.py -l

(That's the 1st time through; the 2nd time it doesn't show the DYLD...
line.)

Anything else I should try?

-Tom