[Pythonmac-SIG] sys.path corrupted?

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Tue Jun 1 17:06:49 CEST 2010

I've been trying to test a new app I'm working on and it appears that my
sys.path has been corrupted somehow, because Python doesn't see things
in my site-packages directory.

My $PATH is correctly set up:

which python
/Library/Frameworks/Python64.framework/Versions/Current/bin/python

However, when I run this Python, I get this output:

 >>> import sys
 >>> sys.path
['',
'/Users/kevin/Programming/phynchronicity/build/Phynchronicity.app/Contents/Resources',
'/Users/kevin/Programming/phynchronicity/build/Phynchronicity.app/Contents/Resources/Modules.zip']

This specific path is the sys.path for one of my applications wrapped by
bundlebuilder--not the expected one!

Does anyone have any idea what might cause my framework build of Python
to see sys.path only in the build directory of one of my apps? I don't
typically jigger my Python settings with .pth files so I have no idea
what to look for.

TIA,
Kevin

--