[Pythonmac-SIG] [Pyobjc-dev] ANN: py2app 0.5

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Fri Jul 30 15:58:30 CEST 2010

On 7/30/10 7:21 AM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> I'm also not surprised that almost nobody reacted to my call for help,
> that's just how opensource works. That means that the projects where I
> work on move forward very slowly because there is only one developer
> that has little time.
>
> Folks, please don't forget that I do almost all my python work in my
> private time and don't get paid for doing it. This includes py2app,
> pyobjc and also the Mac port of Python itself. I'd love to spend more
> time on these projects, but that's not going happen without some kind of
> financial support. I have a donations link on the pyobjc website, but I
> don't know why I bothered adding it.

Ronald,

I think I speak for everyone on the list when I say we appreciate the
work you do. The work you do as Python maintainer is invaluable.

Unfortunately, the amount of time I spend on Tk development makes it
hard for me to find time to contribute to MacPython development, unless
I'm scratching my own itch. Toward that end, I probably will set up a
bundlebuilder project at PyPi once I move to Python 3 (I have found I
prefer bundlebuilder's simplicity to py2app). As you know, I've also
filed patches on IDLE to make it lay nicer on Tk-Cocoa.

Again, thanks for the work you do. Thanks also to Ned Deilly for his
contributions, bug reports, patches, etc.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin