[Pythonmac-SIG] Built application not compatible with packaged .so files.

Tom MacWright tom at developmentseed.org
Mon Jul 26 18:11:07 CEST 2010

Okay, so the error, which has only become familiar in the past 24 hours :/
is:

I switch to Python.org-distributed 2.6 by putting the Library Python bins in
my path, before system python.

I run py2app the first time, and it fails with this traceback:
http://dpaste.com/222043/

As a result, I've tried copying the other prebuilt binaries into the place
of the missing main-fat binary. This allows py2app to run without reporting
any problems, but when I try to run the application that is built, it
results in this line of errors: http://dpaste.com/222044/

By copying .so files from the System installation of Python, it's clear that
the problem here is that, somehow, the binaries copied from Framework Python
are incompatible with the produced binary - copying zlib resolves this
problem, but each other .so, in turn, fails because a 'suitable 64-bit'
version can't be found.