[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app 32-bit vs 64-bit datetime

Tom MacWright tom at developmentseed.org
Mon Jul 26 06:24:37 CEST 2010

Sorry for loading so much on this list - if there's a bug tracker or IRC or
something, that might be a place to put these things that doesn't disrupt
communication.

Anyway: so I got an app bundle created and ran into the ZipImportError
(earlier referenced here
http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/zm9PCtmeKQ9Md5x1csmw by Matt Lyra).
This could be evaded by simply unzipping site-packages.zip into
site-packages/.

But, upon running the executable, I get the error:

7/26/10 12:17:55 AM
[0x0-0x974573c].org.pythonmac.unspecified.moas[32911] ImportError:
/Users/tmcw/Code/python/mapsonastick_env/mapsonastick/dist/moas.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/datetime.so:
no appropriate 64-bit architecture (see "man python" for running in 32-bit
mode)

Which is, of course, rather confusing. How is one to fix this? Is there
another, 64-bit version that I can use? Or can I build the executable as a
32-bit? Setting the magic com variable:

defaults write com.apple.versioner.python Prefer-32-Bit -bool yes

Has no effect on this bug that I can find.

Any ideas here?

Tom