[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app pytz error

robinson at cmrr.umn.edu robinson at cmrr.umn.edu
Fri Feb 19 18:43:01 CET 2010

'lo, all.

I've been digging around in the archives a bit, but haven't been able to
find a solution to my problem. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

I'm trying to create a mac .app on an ubuntu-based system. I've got the
pytz module and am using py2app4.3, setuptools-0.6c11, and python 2.5.2.

However, I get the "No module named pytz.zoneinfo" error when running:

>python setup.py py2app

I tried adding the following lines to my setup.py file without success:

import pytz
pytz.zoneinfo = pytz.tzinfo
pytz.zoneinfo.UTC = pytz.UTC

Nothing shows up in /dist, and the directories in build are empty. Help!

Cheers,
Paul

Center for Magnetic Resonance Research
University of Minnesota