[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app missing import statement

Barry Scott barry at barrys-emacs.org
Sat Feb 13 12:24:34 CET 2010

On 12 Feb 2010, at 17:17, Christopher Barker wrote:

> Barry Scott wrote:
>> And the messages should clearly show their severity. I use prefixes of Info: Warn: and Error: myself.
>
> as they say : patches welcome!

Like you have don't have the spare time work on this problem.

>> I have code in MEINC_Installer (http://sourceforge.net/projects/meinc-installer/)
>
> Well, I've thought for ages that it would be better to have a single executable building system that worked on all the major platforms. The actual executable building stage would have to unique, of course, but the module finding, etc could be the same.
>
> Both bbfreeze and PyInstaller have a start of a Mac version, I don't know about MEINC_Installer.

MEINC_Installer is WIndows and unix only, because I use MEINC_Installer in many projects
I keep it going but have no plans to add Mac Support.

> It would be great if someone would work on one of those, or merge Py2app with one of them, or put some real work into py2App -- I wish I had more time and energy for it, but I don't.

Sharing the common analysis code for a set of platform specific back ends would be a good solution.

Barry