[Pythonmac-SIG] Lanchd + virtualenv

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Tue Sep 29 12:15:55 CEST 2009

On 25 Sep, 2009, at 14:56, Gabriel Rossetti wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I would like to create a Launchd plist entry to start a virtualenv
> and run a python project. I created my plist, but I'm not sure how
> to get it to activate the virtualenv and run the program.

Unless you do something special you don't have to activate the
virtualenv at all, just make sure that the '#!' line in the script
you're starting refers to the python in the virtualenv (instead of
having '#!/usr/bin/env python').

I have a virtualenv containing a mercurial installation and regularly
use the mercurial command-line tools without activating the virtualenv.

Ronald