[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app DistUtilsPlatformError[Sec=Unclassified]

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Thu Sep 24 20:34:46 CEST 2009

In article <20090924131338.GA21078 at panix.com>,
 Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009, Ned Deily wrote:
> > In article <20090923163646.GA26464 at panix.com>,
> >  Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> >> It's a setuptools thing.
> > I believe pyconfig.h is created by the compiler build ./configure script
> > to capture the relevant platform-dependent build configuration for that
> > python instance and is used by distutils build_ext so that package C
> > extensions can be correctly built.
> It's not included in the .dmg for Python 2.6.

Now I'm really confused :=)  I've just installed from the final
python.org 2.6, 2.6.1, and 2.6.2 install.dmgs and, for me, each one
installed what appears to be an appropriate file.  For example:

-rw-rw-r--  1 root  admin  30696 Apr 16 00:29
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/include/python2.6/pycon
fig.h

Again, I'm no py2app expert but it looks like this might have been a
problem that Ronald fixed in py2app svn r65 (aka 0.4.0) back in 2008-01.
>From various past postings, I gather py2app hasn't been formally
released in a long time and that the recommendation is to work from a
recent svn checkout (currently r80 and working towards 0.4.2).

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org