[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app cannot move to target thread error

Scott Frankel leknarf at pacbell.net
Mon Sep 21 06:56:17 CEST 2009

I've just now gotten my app to launch without error.  qt.conf was the
key.  Thanks to Daniel and Marc-Antoine for their posts!

Interestingly, manipulating library names and paths with
install_name_tool was not necessary in my case.  Not sure why not.

Creating a plugins/sqldrivers dir, copying the libqsqlpsql.bundle to
it, then creating a qt.conf INI file specifying that location within
the app bundle was all that was needed.

I'll be happy to contribute my final setup.py file as a recipe.  How
would I go about that?

Meanwhile, here are a couple of URLs that provided useful information:

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/deployment-mac.html#linking-the-application-to-qt-as-frameworks
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/qt-conf.html

Thanks
Scott