[Pythonmac-SIG] Using Setuptools with macPython

Saint One saint.ezru at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 15 15:20:10 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I have mac os x 10.4 which was shipped with python2.3. Now I am trying to
work with eazyInstall (
http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall#installation-instructions)
with python2.5. I have upgraded to python2.5 now, but there seems
inconsistency going through my installation directories. I have
/usr/lib/python2.3/ instead of /usr/lib/python2.5/ which is what I want and
this is causing problems when running python from X11 terminal. How do I
upgrade this folder, and most importantly, how do I do a global upgrade of
python in my mac.

Thank you so much in advance for any help.

Cheers,
Ezru.