[Pythonmac-SIG] django webapp using CoreGraphics complains about "wrong architecture"

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Sep 17 19:51:22 CEST 2009

David Warde-Farley wrote:
> On 13-Sep-09, at 10:58 AM, Geert Dekkers wrote:
>> And I'm wondering if this is at all necessary. Because -- why can
>> Apache run PIL??? -- the .so files are also not full fat, but you can
>> indeed do "import Image"

I'm confused here -- is Django really running on a python running inside
Apache (aka py_mod) -- I'd be really surprised if that's the case.

> My best guess (as I've never poked around in the guts of PIL) is that
> there is a pure Python version that is slow-as-molasses

no, I'm pretty sure that's not the case -- PIL requires its compiled code.

I suspect that Django is running on a python as a separate process fro
Apache, perhaps something else is the problem here?

You could probably poke around with "ps" to be sure.

Also, if Django is running inside Apache, you may well be able to
configure it not to.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov