[Pythonmac-SIG] Building packages under Snow Leopard and Python 2.6.x

Jerry LeVan Jerry.Levan at EKU.EDU
Thu Sep 17 01:27:36 CEST 2009

On Sep 16, 2009, at 4:38 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> I used this without any problems:
>
> export PATH="/usr/local/pgsql/bin:$PATH"
> export ARCHFLAGS="-arch i386"
>
> python setup.py build
>

> Compilation is correctly using gcc-4.2 and the 10.6 sdk.  This is with
> the system python.
>
> Did you install Python from python.org?  They probably have the
> distutils using the 10.4 SDK and ppc+intel.  This needs gcc-4.0, but
> 'gcc' will run 4.2, as Emanuele pointed out.
>
> On Sep 16, 2009, at 2:21 PM, Emanuele Santos wrote:
>
>> Try using gcc 4.0, Snow Leopard is using gcc-4.2 by default.
>>
>> export CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.0
>> export CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.0
>>
>> -- Emanuele.

Thank you Emanuele and William :)

I did the  gcc-4.0 thingee and it appears to be working...

I do have the 2.6.2 from python.org.

I will try to build the psycopg for the apple 2.6 version after I run
through
some more tests with the python.org version.

Jerry