[Pythonmac-SIG] Appscript and Snow Leopard

Noel Rappin noelrappin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 20:43:00 CEST 2009

I have a Python script that I've been using to communicate back and
forth with iTunes via py-appscript -- it's worked fine for a long
time.

Snow Leopard seems to have broken it -- everytime I run the script, it
stops, and then exits, claiming that one of the commands has timed
out. It's never the same place in the process twice, so its not due to
any data issue. An attempt to mimic the basic communication in
rb-appscript resulted in a similar error. It's as though iTunes
decides after a set period of time to stop responding to appscript
requests.

I'm stumped as to how to work around this issue. Anybody have any ideas?

Noel

--
Noel Rappin
noelrappin at gmail.com