[Pythonmac-SIG] Unwanted PPC build in setuptools

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 22:48:59 CEST 2009

On 2009-10-21 14:59 PM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> On 19 Oct, 2009, at 23:20, Robert Kern wrote:

>> Edit /Library/Frameworks/.../lib/python2.5/config/Makefile to remove
>> the occurrences of "-arch ppc" if you never want to build PPC versions
>> of stuff again. More recent versions of EPD should have that done
>> already.
>
> Patching the installation is evil.

I would agree that patching the *code* is evil, but the Makefile is really just
a datastore for the default configuration information for distutils. If you know
what you're doing, I say feel free. distutils doesn't give us another way to
change this default configuration.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."