[Pythonmac-SIG] Fink vs MacPorts vs Framework

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Tue Jun 30 23:46:16 CEST 2009

On 30Jun2009 10:11, Dan Ross <dan at rosspixelworks.com> wrote:
| I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
| I can certainly add any packages I like to my Framework build so I don't
| think availability of packages is a concern.
| Unless I'm misinterpreting the term "packages"?

Yeah. You mean "package" == "python module", yes?
I believe he means "packge" == "app install", a MacPorts or Fink level
"package"; you can install python 2.5 and/or python 2.6 with MacPorts and
use each as needed.

That said, I use python out of MacPorts, at least when I need 2.6.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Trust the computer... the computer is your friend.
        - Richard Dominelli <dominel at panix.com>