[Pythonmac-SIG] Can't get ASDictionary to work (py2app problems?)

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 2 07:11:45 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 09:19:01PM +0100, has wrote:
> Odd. The osax module appears to be puking on a System Events command
> (it uses SE to get a list of installed osaxen). What versions of
> appscript and ASDictionary? What happens if you try to import the osax
> module into a regular script? Anything unusual about your setup
> (permissions, haxies, etc.)?

Gah, I should have thought of this.  I've got Default Folder X
installed, which loads itself by pretending to be an osax.  When I
disabled it, ASDictionary opened successfully.  I'll report it as a
bug in Default Folder X.

> PyObjC/py2app questions I'll leave to those that know more about these
> things. (FWIW, I build ASDictionary using user-installed Python 2.5.2
> framework + PyObjC 1.x for portability.)

Anyone (Ronald?) have any idea about these problems?  They're less
important given that I have a fix for my ASDictionary issue, but still
seem pretty serious.

Thanks,

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu>