[Pythonmac-SIG] how to recover from a framework build?

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Jul 30 03:05:37 CEST 2009

Think I fixed things.

I found two problems.  First of all, my build wasn't universal, but it
appparently overwrote the Python framework SDK in /Developer/.  So when
Xcode tried to build for both ppc and i386, it only found i386.  That
was the link error I originally posted.  I'll re-install Xcode to see if
I can fix that.

Secondly, when I then ran my Python-Cocoa app, it picked up the framework
in /Library/Frameworks/Python..., which didn't have objc, so it bombed
on that.  I just deleted /Library/Frameworks/Python....  That seemed to
fix that.

Bill