[Pythonmac-SIG] Py2App and PyQT

Eddie L theodoreiii at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 13 19:24:22 CET 2009

Christopher Barker wrote:

> Some quick poking did not make it clear to me where py2app builds the
> __boot.__py
> file though.

If you create an app with py2app then right click on it and click show
package contents then you can browse the app's contents. __boot__.py is
located in Content/resources/__boot__.py.

Christopher Barker wrote:

> Anyway, you can always hack around this by adding some code to your
> setup.py that changes __boot__.py after building the app.

Yeah, I tried adding my custom __boot__.py to the data files since they were
being stored in the same location but py2app still used it's own creation.
Any ideas as to how I could change the file after it's been made? I'm new to
py2app so just a point in the right direction would be very helpful.

-Eddie